Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Well I shall just put this here then...

When not stringing together another NE6 chapter or editing "The Novel" I have spent an unhealthy amount of time traipsing the net.

Blogger seeking Network.
Dat's me.

It's a bit of a learn as you go process. I guess I could have bought some guide to attaining the internet audience, but I am cheap and it has been fun bumbling along on my own. Half the time I just stumble onto neat sites that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. 
I guess the ye old proverb rings true even in the asinine environment of the internet.

"Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination." 

It has been a tricky search, something I don't know how to go about, but building a network is important, a survival tactic of the internet, you never know which site you throw up a profile on will be the site that gains you page traffic. The trick is to find as many places as possible to leave your mark. 
The internet is like a vast organism, a living breathing hive covering all pockets of the globe. There is no distance between people on the internet, you are tethered to a person halfway across the world on an electric signal. 
Courtesy of www.hungamapoint.com

How have we not eradicated cancer yet, we made the freaking internet!

In all seriousness, networking the sci fi blog has been frustrating, but it has also solidified my commitment to keeping it going. I hit 300 views yesterday, no a huge number, but it was enough for me to go "Squeeee!" followed by "Shit, I need to keep on top of this motha now." 
Armed with evidence my feeble attempts at networking are slowly but surely paying off, now I have to suck it up and learn to Tweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment