Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Recharging

After a burnt out spell of watching the boys all weekend without reprieve, yesterday I took a recharge day. With the fabulous Miss V in tow we caterwauled around our tiny corner of CT. We hit up our favorite used bookstore, dined in cheap and snazzy style, even stumbled onto the glory that is Five Below.

Miss V. is not impressed by Five Below like I am.

Honestly, it's a glorified dollar store, only slightly nicer since the limit is a fiver. They have cheap fun t-shirts, toys, seasonal junk galore. I love this kind of stuff, I am a thrift store beast by nature, with the occasional indulgence of Angry Bird pajama pants from Wally World. But I am a bargain hunter born and raised, my home town boasted a huge Flea Market in a two story mill.

My thriftiness is probably exacerbated by my hatred of clothes shopping. Aside from the fact I have to shop in the plus sizes whenever I walk into a clothing store (I am tall and curvy), the clothing racks at thrift stores are based off older sizes, therefore I don't have to buy an XXL t-shirt just to fit over my bahzangas. Plus you find some pretty cool shit.

So yeah, Five Below is totally my bag. I "splurged" on a Mario t-shirt, because it hit me right in the childhood. As I perused the rest of the store I thought "I could totally do my Christmas shopping here."

After a day of thrifty discovery, inane debates on the merits of the New Avatar cartoon vs the Old Avatar cartoon, discussions of world politics and social structures, and delicious foods, I call this recharge a win win. You don't realize how much you need them until you schedule one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment