Friday, April 12, 2013

Opportunity is a flasher that looks like Johnny Depp

This is my fantasy, therefore it's Mr. Depp, now shhh.

Like a flasher, Opportunity appears before you, shows you the good stuff before you realize what your seeing, then darts away, leaving you feeling shocked, a bit awed, perhaps, and completely disoriented. Did I just see that? I think I like it. Where the hell did it go?!
By the time you realize what an awesome sight you beheld Opportunity has moved on to flash the next unsuspecting customer, who might be faster on the uptake than you and flying tackle it. Oh, um, got caught up in my own simile, whoa.
Okay!
The real message here, seize opportunity when it comes flashing at your door. Right now it's the moment. My life is walking that tight line that happens when we are financially secure enough for me to pursue the 'life long dream'. I have to kick procrastination in the teeth, shove doubts out of the way, and pound motivation into myself to do this. The most over used excuse for failure is lack of trying. If you try to do what you want most in life, than you are already halfway to success.
Call this my motivational B.S. speech, everyone needs something like it, one time or another. Flasher Depp aside, fear of failure is a ten ton weight. People think writing is a risque career choice, but really, it has as many pitfalls as any other career track. You could fail to be a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer, etc. just as easily. There are different factors at play but every venture, no matter how "secure" they are proposed to be, comes with risk.
Risk is just a part of life, plain and simple, so you have to overcome it. Strap on those knee pads and tackle Opportunity to the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment