Monday, May 5, 2014

Brain Fart-knots

Sometimes when I'm coming out of a dry spell of creativity I spend about a week or two of sleepless nights, aimless internet surfing, and staring at the ceiling in the dark.
(This is not always a good thing as I have that pesky over active imagination.)

It's not necessarily procrastination because I'll stop and scribble things down to remember later. It's like popping the cork on a bottle of champagne after jumping up and down on a trampoline for eight hours with it. Ideas are just wildly fizzing out everywhere, bubbles of creativity are popping through my synapses, clogging up my concentration. I want to do everything at once, therefore getting nothing done at all.  Even my attempts to catch up on sleep are taking a hit. I tried to nap today and bolted up with a Eureka moment for a novel I've been working on for years. This is like a brain explosion, or more accurately Fart-knots. Too many ideas, dammit! I'm pulling myself in 9 different directions. Goal of the week: find a balance, take deep breathes, do not face plant on keyboard.
(Warning: The creative juices may increase flatulence of the mind)


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the next installment for NE6. Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete